Five things to think about before you sell:
1. Kitchen: considered to be the heart of any home. Homebuyers will consider this to be one of the most important rooms in the home. For a few hundred dollars you can replace the kitchen faucets, update or reface cabinet doors and replace hardware to show a more modern look.
2. Lighting: replacing dated ceiling fixtures can instantly update the look of a home. Home stores offer a wide range of in-expensive fixtures that can add a nice look to any room.
3. Bathroom: Next to the kitchen the bathroom is another room that needs to be updated. Simple updated such as replacing light fixtures, faucets, and a new coat of paint can make a big difference.
4. Storage: Buyers are always looking for storage. Sellers need their home to be open, spacious and well organized. Add a closet system to bedrooms, pantries and entry closets.
5. Curb Appeal: Simple things such as a nicely mowed yard, planting flowers and trimming the shrubs are a great way to make a first impression to potential buyers.